24 January 2010

7 Month Update

I love being her mommy. Sad to say that I didn't realize I enjoyed motherhood until I was back at work full-time. It's busy & hectic at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Especially when you come home to smiles like this one.
Presently she's recovering from roseola (high fever, vomiting, all-over rash). It is really sad caring for a sick infant. I watched my normally energetic, independent baby turn into a lethargic, clingy one. And instead of crying/whining [on Day 1 of being sick], she cried out "umma umma" all day. It was sad, but exciting at the same time.
Waiting at urgent care
Another weird/positive thing that came out of baby being sick? Joey was home on a Saturday. (Thank you church for loaning daddy to us on Sabbath. We really needed him.) Joey didn't know what to do with himself, because he usually has plans/meetings/dinners or we have people over almost every week. It hit me that we hadn't spent a Sabbath alone together since 2007 in Andrews. I know it may another 3 years before we get to spend Sabbath together as a family, but I was thankful that even a sick baby could bring about something good.

8 comments:

son said...

sarah, she is just DARLING!! when did she grow up so much? so glad joey could spend a sabbath with his favorite girls. very much looking forward to seeing you guys in march!

Grace Chung said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of her in the jumper!! Being away really does make you appreciate coming home even more. I'm glad your precious girl is feeling better. poor thing...

Haeli & Malcolm said...

R is so adorable!! i get warm fuzzies reading your blog! although, laughing at R's pain...hmm....;)

Jen Tsao said...

ohhhhh, i miss her so much! can't wait to see you guys in 44 days :)

esther said...

she is so cute! nathan had roseola, too. apparently it's really common b/c other moms here were like, you don't know what it is??? anyway, at least joey got to spend some time with you.

julie hakim said...

rebecca is so cute!! i loved meeting her today!! glad she's doing better!

gina said...

seriously, when did you grow up? i hope she feels better. can't wait to see you in march!

hanna said...

i love becca's expression @ hospital! i don't know why, but it makes me laugh.. she looks tore up! :) hehe