05 December 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This year for Thanksgiving the whole Oh clan gathered in Redding, CA to celebrate Grandma Oh's 90th birthday party. Grandma Oh had had a health scare a few months ago, when she had heart failure and had to remain in the hospital for a few days. We all hoped and prayed she would make it to celebrate with all her grandkids and greatgrandkids. Miraculously, her health improved greatly, and she was all smiles all week, even maintaining daily exercise and bible study. It's what I was most thankful for this Thanksgiving, to see her again and spend time with her. Grandma, I'm thankful for you!

***
Our festivities started on Wednesday evening, when we arrived in Redding:


Chowing down on my MIL's delicious ddukbokkee:

Got laptop, will travel:

First niece sighting!

The guest of honor:


Preparations for the party:
My cousin-in-law, Gina, made all these towers & brought them with her (+3 kids & luggage) all the way from Phoenix. I was so amazed...







Thanksgiving day, Korean-style:


I have the funniest video of Casey's dancing:






Four daughter-in-laws and one daughter:


I'm so happy to get this photo op:

Make a funny face Caleb!



Bowing to Grandma as part of her birthday. Joey said it was okay to say "happy new year". So we did. But then everyone started laughing. Because it's not the new year!! Ha. Ha.

Family portraits:

The men playing football in their suits:

The cutest pajama quintets ever:

Family: "I am lucky you're in my life." =) I had a wonderful time with you all & can't wait till next time. Cruise 2010!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

best thanksgiving ever. ;)

esther said...

it takes a lot of planning to get all that to happen. loved the family photo of all you guys in your hanboks. beautiful! so glad you are updating again. please keep it up. please.

gina said...

ditto son, best thanksgiving ever!! i just have to point out, though, that i didn't make ALL of those towers, i had some junior high kids help me... and yes, CRUISE 2010!!! your baby will be old enough to go, yeah!!