How the pregnancy's been affecting us so far:
~Today I missed church. I wasn't sick. Just extremely exhausted. Even after 11 hours of sleep, I took a 1-hour nap in the afternoon. The pregnancy books describe it well--feels like you've just run a marathon, when you haven't done anything at all. It makes me feel lazy, until I remember that my body is manufacturing a baby and a placenta. Herculean tasks.
~I now know why the term "morning sickness" is a misnomer. Who coined this incorrect term? A man? Well, I've been nauseated &/or dizzy for about 3 weeks now. Saltines help, and so do preggo pops. Lately, I've also been using motion sickness bands--I don't know if it's working as a placebo, but I think they are helping. I've only thrown up once, after eating a burrito. Baby doesn't like Mexican food.
~I've been craving Italian food. And bread. And PIZZA like there's no tomorrow. Normally, I don't care much for these foods. I've only gained 1 pound so far; I don't know where all the pizza-weight is going.
~I've started journaling, old-fashioned-style, again. (Also explains why this blog has been neglected.) Several entries a week, writing down my thoughts, "mood check" of the day, relevant current events (Obama), etc. Maybe one day I will share it with my child.
~Joey's been compensating for the pregnancy too. One, he's been quietly taking over many of the chores -- washing dishes, doing laundry, making the bed, all the while continuing his chores. I never even asked him to. Two, he claims to have put on 5 pounds since the pregnancy. Talk about pregnancy empathy. Three, he's been craving Saltines. He bought me a 4-pack the other day, and one day I go looking for the Saltines (stomach acid making an ugly appearance that morning), and THERE ARE NONE LEFT. The man has eaten 3 packs all by himself. ARRGH!! Never take a pregnant woman's Saltines!!
~Thank you for all your emails & notes of congratulations. We are blessed to have so many supportive friends and family. I look forward to getting lots of parenting tips from all of you!!
10 comments:
congrats you guys!!!! i think 2009 will surely be a baby boom for many (= isn't the whole pregnancy thing weird and unexplainable? thats so weird we have opposite food aversions...hahah keep us posted!
yes congratulations!!
funny thing... lillian hated italian and loved mexican.
yay! is it a boy or a girl???
well, well, well, lookie who decided to rejoin the blogging world! welcome back!!!
shame on joey for stealing your saltines! haha...
Again, congrats! I am also using the Sea-Bands; I think it numbs it for me but doesn't stop it. As for the pizza, ME TOO!! I have been eating Sbarro's pizza a few times a week. And a BIG no thanks to burgers. But the special treatment is easy to get used it, aint it?
welcome black to the blogosphere, i've missed you... if you're not throwing up, you're doing ok... and the exhuastion will continue on even after you deliver the baby... in any case, CONGRATULATIONS!! another "OH" baby entering the world!!
Yay! You're back!
OK So I think I'll make it back in time to see your pregnant self. If you decide to know, tell me if it's a boy or a girl. I HAVE TO buy you french baby clothes because 1) they're shockingly cheap 2) freaking adorable, even thaws my ice womb a bit 3) And what is cuter then correctly written french words on baby clothes?? (yes none of that knoglish)
If the bread craving still lasts, I'll try to sneak you a baguette. If you're feeling cuisine-ish, try Bittman's no knead bread. It's suppose to be better then a baguette and no kneading!
Congrats again!
Congrats!
I saw Joey's uncle this past weekend when I visited Santa Maria. He actually knew who I was! Which is cool.
Anyway, I haven't seen either of you in AGES. So hopefully this weekend!
isn't it crazy what being pregnant does to women's bodies? love hearing your preggo tales...please keep us updated! are you going find out what the baby's sex is?
What's a preggo pop? I won't even venture a guess because I'd be making a fool out of myself! ^_^* Congrats again~ baby Oh already looks cute in the ultrasound!!! Your blog is awesome! I must learn how to do this myself...
Post a Comment