05 December 2010

I am 17 months, going on 18 months...

R, at 17 months old:

~My mother-in-law suggested making a list of all the words that R is currently saying (& using correctly). Between us 4 adults, we came up with 90+ words. Yes, she is a little chatterbox that won't stop talking. She pretty much parrots anything now, so we have to be careful of what we say. (Joey and I call each other by our first names deliberately to get her to copy us. It's pretty funny hearing her call her dad "Joey".)

~She's developing a sense of humor. She played her first "joke" on my sister a few weeks ago. R pretended to put a Cheerio in Hanna's mouth, then pulled out her hand, ate the Cheerio herself, laughed hysterically, & yelled "hey!". She also makes fun of Halbi when he's sleeping by mimicking his snoring sounds.

~I don't know where she got this, but she LOVES to chant. "Hal-mi! Hal-mi!" "Hal-bi! Hal-bi!" And so on and so forth with other favorite words.

~She's not a very cuddly child. We try to hug/kiss/cuddle with her, but she avoids it most of the time. Sad mommy & daddy:(

~I'm discovering how lucky I am that she is not a picky eater. R will eat anything you put in front of her (oatmeal, brown rice, beans, lentils, avocado...all the healthy stuff). We really have to watch her diet, & don't allow her to snack...because she would not turn it down!!

~Haven't seen signs of running, but she's finally walking steady on her two feet.

~Her personality is already in full-bloom & I'm curious what she will be like when she's an adult. She has quite a bit of Eh-gyoh, flirts with gramps & dad, LOVES being the center of attention, and hams it up when people are watching. She is quite assertive in taking other kids' toys that she wants. Uh-oh!

~R is getting a little SISTER in April. I was told @ 16 weeks, but was waiting for my 20 week US to confirm. Truth be told, I was initally a little bummed, but I'm very thankful that the baby is HEALTHY! We're done after Kid #2, so this is it for us. However, how long should we wait after the 2nd child, to make a permanant decision?

3 comments:

sue said...

If you read my "christmas story #2"from my pineapple, you'll see that at this point in our life, we were so content on having 2, 2 little girls. had hubby go into clinic to make appointment to get it permanently fixed. he came home and said that student insurance don't cover! what a bummer! what happened next? read christmas story #3 next week to find out. :)

Grace said...

90+ words?!? WOW!! Kelly says 7 words and I'm so proud of her LOL!!! Congrats on the maybe baby sister!! i hope to have a girl next...as for the eating habits; we seem to have the same chubby baby girl in that dept. =)

lills said...

sarah! congrats on your baby girl- sisters are the BEST thing EVER!!! you are lucky to have another girl if you are DONE after this! and R is growing up so fast!!! we need to get together and have a play date!! i wish joshua had R's eating habits =)