Lately, I've been going a little batty. For about a week now, Rebecca's been inconsolable @ night for 1-2 hours, flailing, screaming, and nothing will work. I'm so exhausted by it. I tried giving her milk (which usually ALWAYS works), checking the temp, taking her outside, rocking/bouncing her, pushing out the gas....and nothing. Our nanny thinks it she is spooked/scared. Others have said it was gas, others teething. I'm not convinced, bc it's still going on and nothing seems to comfort her. Parents--any ideas??? I desperately need to get some sleep again...20 September 2010
Home is where the heart is
"What is the baby doing these days?" I'm asked.
"Is she walking?" is the most popular question lately. Just started, thank you very much. 9/14, to be exact. I've made a habit of counting the number of steps she takes....and she went up to T-W-E-L-V-E. I was so proud! Although, crawling is still more efficient for her:).
" And what does she say?" Here are a few: Wow. Me, me. Mommy. Mamma. Papeyah and papaysoh ("precious" "clapping" in Mandarin). Sheh sheh (Thank you). Umma & appah. Mung mung. And today-- ABC!
I wish I could take her swimming again. This was back in Portland, at my mom's condo.
I had her in the water for 3 hours and she absolutely loved it. My friend Paula & her 1-year-old Aveary joined us. Aveary showed off a thing or two--this 1-year old can blow bubbles under water, kick, and jump into the pool. It was like watching a science experiment!
Lately, I've been going a little batty. For about a week now, Rebecca's been inconsolable @ night for 1-2 hours, flailing, screaming, and nothing will work. I'm so exhausted by it. I tried giving her milk (which usually ALWAYS works), checking the temp, taking her outside, rocking/bouncing her, pushing out the gas....and nothing. Our nanny thinks it she is spooked/scared. Others have said it was gas, others teething. I'm not convinced, bc it's still going on and nothing seems to comfort her. Parents--any ideas??? I desperately need to get some sleep again...
Lately, I've been going a little batty. For about a week now, Rebecca's been inconsolable @ night for 1-2 hours, flailing, screaming, and nothing will work. I'm so exhausted by it. I tried giving her milk (which usually ALWAYS works), checking the temp, taking her outside, rocking/bouncing her, pushing out the gas....and nothing. Our nanny thinks it she is spooked/scared. Others have said it was gas, others teething. I'm not convinced, bc it's still going on and nothing seems to comfort her. Parents--any ideas??? I desperately need to get some sleep again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
nice sarah, great to see an update. wow R's got a great vocabulary already!!!! that's awesome!
I think she's learning Chinese and English at about the same rate. Which is great...but we really should teach her some Korean. =) Great post hunny.
Yay for the update! She is quite the linguist! Kelly can only say 3 words. =) Cute pictures! As for the nightime crying...=( I hope it ends soon!!
How is she learning Chinese? Impressive! She will be tri-lingual in no time! Poor baby-hope she's getting consolable and that you're getting some sleep!
Post a Comment