I don't normally like to use this blog as a place to vent, but today I need to vent. Arghh.
Several weeks ago, I was in a minor car accident. I hit a car going 40 mph. But it was completely unavoidable b/c the other guy ran a red light.
We got out & exchanged information. He apologized & asked 'did I think the damages would be less than $100 & could he pay out of pocket?'
I answered 'no', & assumed this meant he was assuming responsibility for the accident.
Fast-forward to today. After $1300 in damages to my car, there is a hold up in the whole insurance matter because 'the other party is contesting liability.'
What?!
I'm incredulous that there are people like this out there. The silver lining in all this, however, is that I have 2 witnesses who saw the whole thing. This older couple stopped in the middle of their busy day, just to tell me they saw the whole thing, and if I needed them, to please have my insurance call them.
I can't help but get frustrated, and feel duped, however. I was too trusting & didn't call the police in the first place. I'm having trouble wishing 'brotherly love' towards this person right now.
Arghh.
2 comments:
WHAAAAAT?!!?!?!?! vengeance is MINE!!!!!!!
thank God you're okay, sarah!!!! and your baby!!!! omg, i am totally FUMING right now. justice will prevail my friend. i'm so glad you have some witnesses on your side!!! praying for you...
Mrs. Oh during a traffic accident always contact your local Law Enforcement Agency whenever possible. A traffic collision report could help prevent a disputes of liability. Also we cops make great witnesses to insurance companies. We cops also get very upset when people run red lights into driver's who are with child. Glad you and baby Oh are ok though.
Post a Comment