~There's something about pregnancy that makes you want to 'get all your ducks in a row.' If you've been meaning to cross off your TO DO list, accomplish some of your New Year's Resolutions, see your dentist or pick up 2-year old wedding pictures....then I suggest you get pregnant. It did wonders for me;).
~I thought I'd be more vain about being pregnant as well as bothered by people feeling the belly. However, neither has happened. I never liked my waistline in the first place, so I've been welcoming the growing belly.
~The swelling and sausage feet has begun. Thankfully, my sister gave me several packs of compression stockings. My mother suggested I wear them OUT, during the DAY. Haha--have you seen these things?! Turns out, my vanity is still in place.

~Joey & I've each brought a name to the table. But like my cousin-in-law G.O. says, "I get more vetoes!!" Hmm, do you know this Joey?;)
~For being 10 weeks away from "mommy & daddy", the maternal thing/instinct/reality hasn't sunk in yet. I still make choices that are more for me than for the baby. Joey & I just attended 4 hours of Infant Care & Breastfeeding classes, but I still don't feel "ready." How do you know when you're ready to be a parent? And a GOOD parent at that. Hmm....lots of praying still to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 comments:
Lovely stockings. =) hehe...Was Joey reluctant to go to the breastfeeding class? Ricky was reluctant cause I think he envisioned big-bellied women with their shirts-up, dolls latched to their chest. But afterwards, he said he learned a lot and he remembers more than my pregnant brain does. We're skipping the childbirth class since it's for weeks and I'm on bedrest, gonna watch a DVD instead. WDYT? Think classtime is necessary?
dan slept through the whole breastfeeding class. with all the praying you guys are doing, i am sure that you will be fine parents. my soon to be niece is lucky to have you both as parents. joey, that's it, no vetoes, no choice, no nothing. let your wife decide, already...
at least you went to a class. we didn't go to any! good for you guys for being proactive! and um, i think you are nesting.
i just figured out your feed doesn't update using the Atom link but works using the RSS link. I'm sure that's just gibberish to you but just giving you a heads up.
I was thinking of wearing those stockings to work since I'm on my feet most of the time...wearing them out in public should be ok! so long as you wear pants up to the ankles...
you're never ready. just dive in, the water's fine!
i totally needed those socks!!! have the spider veins to prove it.
at our first childbirth class they made us watch a bill cosby video. we never went back.
ooooooo, can't wait to hear the names!
like son said. you're never ready. it just happens. you guys will be just fine. we didn't take any classes, but we've been meeting the lactation nurse and she's been really helpful. she saw us in the hospital then we saw her a few days later, and we have another appt today. joshua is officially 7 days old now.
wow! can't wait to see your new baby girl! =) ---elena
Wow, does time fly by or what??? I do have the urgency to get "all our ducks in a row", but it's not happening!!! ACK! :-P I'm glad you're in better shape than I am.
I can't wait to see you guys this weekend~ do you have at least some baby names picked out?
Post a Comment