13 October 2009

100 Days

So we headed up to Portland for some R & R, to see grandma, and celebrate R's 100 days.

Day 1. Lazy Sunday @ the Shim's. Son took care of the meals & the baby, and I took a mental day-off. It was wonderful. Even my sister flew in from NY.C insisted on holding cousin R all by herself.
I think R liked it.

Niece loves her some dress up time

Aunties Son & Hanna also gave R a bath. This is some back-breaking work, to kimchee squat in a bathtub! (that's me behind the camera, continuing my day off)

More holding...

Day 2. Tax-free shopping.

Homemade ice cream!

Followed up by more dessert


I think she enjoyed her 'frosting in a cup' quite a bit.And I enjoyed her little jig. And hearing her tell her tomato joke. Did you know this 3-year-old knows all 44 US presidents? She could be the poster child for home schooling.

Day 3. Prepping for R's 100 day party. Sonia & Estar.

Cousin Matt, Joey, Matt's dad.

The guests

Anna & Me & our babes
Little Sophia. Attempting to fold her hands together to prayHappy baek-il ddukThe spread. My mom took vacation days for the occasion, only to be so busy cooking that she didn't get to spend much time with her granddaughter:(.
Cousin Ella & Rebecca finally meet! Coincidentally E & R came wearing similar outfits.
Auntie Son, aka Baby Whisperer Extraordinaire. R laughed and laughed when auntie Son played with her (something she hasn't done since she's been home btw). She also refused the bottle from no less than 4 people, before letting auntie Son feed her. I learned alot from Son in such a short time--the wisdom of a parent cannot be found in books! Love the swaddler Grace!
I got loads of help up in Portland (yes, I inquired about staying longer at the end of my trip)

Settling down after the party
Going home on the plane (R did great on her first flight!)
Home sweet home. Trying on R's presents.
Thank you Halmoni for my 100 day party! We hope to see you again very very SOON!

8 comments:

kange said...

omg...rebecca is so cute!! i love all her rolls!! :)

Grace Chung said...

OMG Sarah! R's getting cuter and cuter every post. She looks adorable in her leg warmers. Hehe...and the lovely dress she's wearing in the last picture is the same dress we've been coveting. The picture of Joey in the facial mask - priceless. I'm glad you like the swaddler and that R was such a good travel baby.

Ben said...

i like the toe in the last picture.

son said...

I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! counting down the days.... 2, 3, 4, 5 years, right? :) please visit us again soon. love, gomo aka baby whisperer (ps. the dress is perfect!!)

lills said...

how cute- what a chunker!!!! happy 100 days!

euslee said...

loving the pictures and the updates! she had a huge 100 days! i thought it was going to be small??!?!

gina said...

she is chunky like bridgette was!! happy 100 days, becca. love keun umma-abba & 2 unnis & obba!!

Unknown said...

Rebecca's getting so big:) Love her Burberry outfit! Looks like you had a fabulous time!