24 January 2009

Itchy Itchy Ichabod *edit*

Mosquito bites.

Chicken pox.

Sweat rashes.

Poison ivy.

I've only had 3 of the 4 ailments above, but none of what I've experienced in the past has prepared me for this. The itchy pregnancy skin syndrome wins hands down as the most intolerable of them all.

First it started at the chest. Yes, that area. Then it traveled without mercy down to my feet, not skipping any body parts along the way (lest they should feel left out).

So I began scratching. Breaking skin. Bleeding.

Then I was scratching in my sleep. And waking up with scars where old scars were trying to heal. Sorry skin, it's gonna take take awhile before you recognize yourself again.

I've been researching the itchy pregnancy skin syndrome, and there's the drink-more-water suggestion, the apply-lotion-2x-daily-suggestion, the cool-shower suggestion, the blah-blah-blah-blah-blah. None of these makes it stop.

Anti-itch cream, here I come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you everyone for your concern. It is much better now!!

10 comments:

lills said...

yikes!!! hope it gets better!! it's going by so fast huh?

Anonymous said...

: (

Rashes are like the worst thing ever...

I've got a fever right now. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SARAH, MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry you feel so bad!! i have never had this syndrome... i hope it goes away soon!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Sewuh! Itchiness really really sucks...Hope you find a CURE!! Oatmeal baths? Luckily, only my belly itches. hehe.

John said...

wow.. that sounds terrible. hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

whoa! this is crazy! i'm so sorry that you're in so much pain... ;( what can i do????

i'm coming down in two weeks. i will rub you down in camomile (sp?)...

Anonymous said...

ooo :( hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

are you feeling any better?

Anonymous said...

stop scratching, sarah! hope you had a nice getaway!

esther said...

oh no! hope it gets better soon.