16 June 2008

Blog Much?

This blog is turning into a monthly newletter. What an awful blogger I am. I think I'll try things "danster style" this time & do a numerical update=).

1. Our whole church drove out to the Grand Canyon for Memorial weekend! Think 200 Koreans in rented Haebaragi charter buses. My little group left in a 25-seater bus, driven by Joey, that took us about 9 hours to get there. But it was worth it, to experience the Grand Canyon. And I was especially looking forward to seeing our little niece, B:

Posing @ Sedona

At The Church on the Rocks

With our "Married with Children" folk
Getting ready to see the IMAX show

There she is:
Isn't she a beauty? I don't remember enjoying this view when I was eight:

The red soil on our hike
You had to tread carefully to avoid the droppings
I wanted to sit & stare into the canyon for a few more hours, but we only had a moment to spare before we had to head back up the 1.5 mile hike.


Group photo with Dr. Kidder, our speaker from Andrews Seminary.

2. I attended the bridal shower of my friend J. The food was spectacular, most of it cooked by the one male guest in attendance, the "bride's man".

Cupcakes by hey cupcake! and ddakdoritang made this party complete!

Some of the bridesmaids




The bride-to-be
Lastly, the favors! More macarons from Paulette's!


3. A friend of mine started her own jewelry line back in 2007. A few weeks ago, she held a jewelry party @ a yummy yogurt shop. Click here for event photos & her website: www.loreleijane.com/sp08jepa.html

4. My sister moved to NY. Brooklyn, to be exact. I felt a tinge maternal as I packed up the last of her things. Then shed a few unexpected tears. It was hard to say goodbye...I'll be seeing you soon sister.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where oh where have you been!? happy to see that you and the mister are doing well and up to your usual tricks. you've been busy! thanks for posting pics for your eager minions. ;) that last one of you and hanna is adorable... you and i should meet up in nyc!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting photos from jullie's shower.... I'm SO sad I won't be there! Although I shouldn't complain, I'm going to Morocco for the summer but still.... ugh it sucks to be far away home. I'll be counting on you for photos of her wedding!

gina said...

HI SARAH!! binny asks for you & uncle joey every once in a while... she says the auntie who gave me the DORA blanket which NO ONE is allowed to TOUCH... i can't believe jullie's getting married, i've know the girl since she was BORN... i'm getting old... as for NY, think of it as a reason to travel... you both look adorable as little kids... MISS YOU!!