28 February 2008

The End is Near

The end of my life as a SAHW, stay-at-home-wife, that is. Hehe. I've been enjoying my time off, but it's time to get back to work! Thank you husband for being our breadwinner for the last 6 months.....I will sway the balances soon, I promise.

After 2-3 weeks of job hunting, my biggest wish/prayer request/DEMAND was that it was close to home. My last job in LA averaged 15+ hours of driving/per week. However, beggars can't be choosers. Especially in LA.

So, I knew it would be asking alot to pretty-pretty-please find jobs that were 30-minutes-with-traffic. But of the 6 or so interviews that have been scheduled, ALL OF THEM fit my mileage requirements.

It's my answer to prayer. AND I AM SO HAPPY.

Even better, I've finally hit my stride. For the longest time, as a new intern, I would leave job interviews with the feeling that I wouldn't get a callback. And I was usually right. Comes with the territory for entry-level positions, I suppose. However, these recent interviews have been going so well, & I'm getting positive feedback. So I wondered, what's changed?

I guess the biggest difference is that I AM NOW CLOSE TO 3000. Three thousand hours, that is. I'm almost done with my Intern hours....keeping my eye on the light @ the end of the tunnel.... on my way to finally taking my boards & getting licensed. Okay, I'm counting my chicks a little early..... but I'm defintely EXCITED.


Too bad my days as a SAHW are numbered.

No comments: